Thursday, April 25, 2013

Over the last two decades, I have read numerous books about emerging infectious diseases, public health issues, and... Biological and Chemical warfare.  

! You should see the looks of the ladies at the library when I go to pick up those books at the library! :-D They think that I'm either nuts or a terrorist or something, but of course, I'm no such thing. I don't want to hurt anyone. I'm more interested in what needs to be done to prevent such weapons from EVER being used and what would be have to be done to protect people in the event that some lunatics actually do use these horrible anti-human weapons. 

 They use to write the words 'nuclear, biological and chemical' together and abbreviate it NBC warfare, which the National Broadcasting Company was probably non to thrilled about. (NBC is a television network) According to the Wikipedia article I am looking at as I write this, the previous term in the 1950's was ABC warfare, which was probably disliked by the American Broadcast Company.  

The new abbreviation being used is CBRN and again, according to Wikipedia, even this has been updated just recently to CBRNe, to include improvised explosive devices.  

 Since this blog is about words and not politics or terrorism, I'll get to the point. Three of the word used end in -logical, referring to the word ending -ology which is used for fields of Science (Biology, Geology, etc.) Chemistry and Chemical don't follow this rule. But I would like to suggest that they should and the words be  changed to Chemology and Chemological. I had this idea because I wanted to change the one phrase used above to Biological, Chemological, and Radiological Weapons. These weapons can all be classed together because they are dispersed in a similar manner, either as dry powdery substances or liquid mists. 

Well folks, that's my nutty idea of the week. Perhaps if I have time this weekend, I'll go thru my notebook and post some of the other words and phrases i've  written down recently. Until then, Vaya con Ayn Rand.







1 comment:

  1. As the enviro-pig is just a biologically green pig (as seen on Angry Birds), the common pig is nothing less than a chemological motherfreaker.

    The great Dalai Rana have spoken.

    ReplyDelete